Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pass the tiger balm

I'm often asked "Besiege, we know what your runs look like at the beach, and we know how wonderful your gym is, but what are your regular runs on the road like?" So I have prepared my answer for you, my loyal readers. So I laced up my Saucony's and grabbed my trusty Lululemon shorts with my camera pocket and got going.

0.1 miles*

San Francisco wouldn't be San Francisco without some massive hills. But do they have to start right outside my apt?This is the first thing I see when I start to run. Yay...






0.4 miles

Luckily, with hard work comes reward, such as this lovely view of downtown.






0.6 miles

This is me looking back down at the hill I just climbed. This incline is fondly referred to- mostly by me- as "You've gotta be effing kidding me."

You know it's a bad hill when it's even harder to go down than up.





1.0 mile

This is a darling little community garden atop a hill. This had the potential to be a much nicer picture, but cut me some slack, I'm on the move


2 miles

A big boat. And water. Yeah it's pretty, but my legs are burning! I know you are wondering why these hills are not getting any easier for me. Let me present Evidence A and Evidence B. I rest my case.






                                                     3 miles
Random pair of men's platform shoes abandoned neatly on the sidewalk. Apparently someone walked a mile in a taller man's shoes, and didn't like it.






             
          
Home sweet home. 
Gimme some Gatorade and Tiger Balm asap!








*All mileage markers are a fragment of my imagination and should be taken with a grain of salt. Sea salt.

4 comments:

Besiege said...

I apologize for the poor layout of this post. I'm too tired to try to fix this right now.

emilyjbell said...

Remember that time you put tiger balm on my not sore leg and it was numb for a day? Good times. Also, the picture of the shoes is very "In Search of a Midnight Kiss" and I like it!

Besiege said...

haha- I do!! Tiger Balm is the best stuff on earth...

And that movie is exactly what inspired me to take the picture of the shoes. Even though there were two of them, they were too weird to just pass by. I was disappointed to learn that there isn't really a lostshoe.com... :(

emilyjbell said...

There is! www.thelostshoeproject.com :)