
So it's been a pretty eventful weekend! Kota and I started off our Saturday with our usual run at the beach. Usually dogs are a big distraction for Kota on walks, but when we are running, she's in the zone and generally doesn't care about the people and dogs around her. That is, unless, you run up to her and jump on her, which is precisely what a huge rottweiler decided to do. They of course started beefing, and the coolio that owned the dog managed to put it back on me when I yelled at him to get control of his dog, and that there are leash laws. He replied "Well go away then." Buuuurn... Anyway, other than that the run was nice but largely uneventful. I'm starting to be able to conquer longer distances in the sand before walking, and I'm not sore afterwards anymore. Yay!

After wasting away a good chunk of my afternoon guised as my pink-haired alter ego on Rock band 2, we went to a Giants/Dodgers game with the local Vandy Alumni chapter. Fortunately, At&t Park offers the most flavorful 4-tiered cotton candy extravaganza that I have ever seen. In case you're curious, as I was, the white was some tropical pineapple concoction! Unfortunately, Gerard and I bring a curse when we go to sporting events. We actually saw the Giants play the Cardinals in St. Louis, rooting of course for the Cards if for no other reason than our personal safety- those midwesterners are damn serious about their baseball. Now I don't follow baseball, but the Cardinals lost in what I believe Joe referred to as the worst game of the season. But when we try to then cheer on the Giants out here.... we lose. At least, I think we lost. It was hard to follow the game with an unprecedented (from my perspective, at least) number of fights that broke out in the stands. I didn't catch what was making everyone so hostile, but people were fighting and being kicked out left and right. Literally. I didn't even see the ninth inning because the crowds were too busy standing up to watch all the fights. At one point there was even some sort of on-field scuffle. I thought people went to hockey games to watch fights- not baseball. Am I mistaken? I'm going to place blame on that rotten smell our section kept being subjected to. I'm sorry for the imagery, but it smells like someone vomited up spoiled eggs, then sat it out in the sun, before placing that perfect stench specimen in front of a high powered fan to distribute it among the stadium. It was that bad. If someone can offer a more plausible explanation for that smell, go for it.
Lastly we tried to meet up with the Alumni club at a bar, but after a girl tried to explain to me that Atlanta wasn't actually the south, I decided that I was much more entertained by another group that Gerard had strucken up a conversation with. Mostly because one of the guys' honest, given name was Aristotle. And I think that's freaking awesome.

2 comments:
I am so happy to have found that both of you liked cotton candy!!! I thought I was the only sweet-tooth old kid in the block!
It was totally the worst game of the season - the Cardinals lost that game like 19-1 - which in real world terms is slightly worse than Mondale lost to Reagan in the 1984 presidential election and not quite as bad as Poland lost to Germany on September 1, 1939. Joe - or, (drwizard.wordpress.com)
Post a Comment