Unlike some other states I've moved to, here in Cali you have to retake your written exam in order to get your California driver's license, because this state is full of its own special little rules. Apparently my test left out the question of how to properly navigate through a 4-way stop. While I have naively been thinking that this maneuver would be the same as how we do it in any other state, I'm now forced to reconcile that the law is simply different here. The correct way is undoubtedly to slow down slighty, but never actually stop at any point during the intersection, and pay no mind to any other car that may be in the vicinity. Bonus points for honking and flicking off any other driver who assumed we were taking turns. Obviously a tourist.
I am very excited to report that gas stations here are now all in the 3.90's! Except of course, for the one gas station around Mission Bay who refuses to go under 4.50. While I don't understand the logic in this, I understand even less the one or two oblivious morons who are always there filling up their tanks. Keep in mind there are gas stations within a block of this evil one.
One final thing (for today) I don't understand is this. I pass it every day on the way home. I don't even know what to say or ask about this.

2 comments:
Why has no one explained to me why there is furniture coming out of these windows... Please help me.
Because you've taken the picture 1/2 second too late, you only think that the furniture is falling out of the windows. The truth is, that this building is actually home to a large panther that eats old furniture, and every Tuesday at 7:14 am the entire city of San Francisco throws all of the furniture they don't want into the windows of this building so that the panther doesn't go hungry. So, you see, the furniture's not coming out; it's going in. By the way, your picture is difficult to explain, mine is unexplainable. (drwizard.wordpress.com) - J
Post a Comment