1. It's close by and immune to traffic.
2. I got a super discount for being Gerard's "domestic partner" and parking is included!
3. It's temperature-controlled.
4. There are no hills when I don't want any hills, which is approximately 99.72% of the time.
5. There's plenty of people to look at and think to yourself, "That bitch is still running. I can't walk now."
6. Miniscule chance of being hit by a car or cat-called.
but, most importantly....
7. Personal television screens on each and every cardio machine. Yes, friends, every upright bike, recumbant bike, elliptical machine, step machine and treadmill can watch whatever they so choose. Just plug in your headphones and click away. No more squinting your eyes just to watch that dumb Mtv show with closed captioning at your old univeristy gym. Welcome to the future.
I realize that my excitment over the list above debunks my ego of being a "real" runner. But I'm okay with that. I never said I wasn't a hypocrite.
So I got to do my run today while watching Biggest Loser, which I love. I missed the first episode, but I'm pretty confident it went something like this:
contestant: Hi, I'm Billy. I want to lose weight.
Bob Harper: I'm going to bust your ass and make you run til you cry.
Billy in his testimonial: Eek. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
So I'm breaking a sweat, watching all these guys on tv and around me work out too. Life is good. Unfortunately, Bob didn't give me a big ol' bear hug when I was finished. Oh well.
I do, however, venture into the outside world at times, and I admit I do need the Ipod to get me through a lot of my runs. That darn cord is always getting in my way, so this is totally on my wish list.
5 comments:
#5 had me LMAO! :) Even though I'm not a runner, I find that hilarious! I prefer to walk on the treadmill.
BTW, this is your cousin Jeanna. ;)
www.bonjovibabe15.blogspot.com
Hey Carlin! I'm loving your blog! Sounds like you are doing well.
Good to hear from both of you!! Glad you are liking my stream-of-consciousness...
i also watch biggest loser at the gym! very motivating...and i always wish bob was there with me!
Post a Comment