Unlike in other parts of the world, America is not supposed to be an environment or pseudo-culture that accomodates or respects age. We live in a world where younger is supposedly better. So why do I feel like I have a glass ceiling because I'm young? Why do I have people trying to advise and mentor me who are not better educated than me, do not have more experience than me, and are not more capable than me in any capacity- but simply have more wrinkles than I do? I'm sorry to be a bitch, but age does not equal wisdom. Young people can be smart, and can have good ideas. Cute people can be smart, and can have good ideas. So don't try to correct me in public when you have no idea what you are talking about. Don't try to put me down with some bullshit complaint just because I intimidate you. And don't expect an ounce of respect from me when I'm not getting any in return.
No comments:
Post a Comment