Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekened Wrapup



Soooo, the other night big things happened. We were headed out to a friend's birthday party, minding our own business while driving along Cesar Chavez. A police car passes us with his lights on. No biggie. Then another police car zips in front of us from a side street with his lights on. Hmm. 

A couple blocks later, we see where they are going. There are several police cars there, with more and more on their way. We keep driving up and get closer to the commotion (we got there right as all this was happening, before things could be blocked up or stopped). A policeman runs out of the car that just pulled up with his gun drawn. Oh. We're in the right lane, the police cars are in the left lane in our direction and the left lane in the other direction. There's at least 8 po po cars. We've pulled up right along side them now and notice at least a dozen guns drawn and aimed at a car with several people inside. Gerard, being a boy, is stopped completely in awe of trying to watch this. Meanwhile
 I'm right next to him screaming "F-ing drive!! Can't you see these 12 guns and us in the line of fire?! Get the eff out of here!!!"

This is what we call the difference between men and women.

Later that night I was punished for saving our lives by getting an entire glass of ice water spilt down my dress. It was one of those light gray colors than made it very apparent you were wet. So here I am, at a bar, clearly preggo, half drenched. Let's just say I stood out a tad.

The rest of our weekend was much more relaxed. We went up to Sonoma for some wine tastings,
 or in my case, smellings. Had a very lovely time, and Kota got to come along too and enjoy. We stayed the night up there, and this morning we went to the Schulz museum (creator of the Peanuts). Was super cool. Biggsie didn't get to go, which he was none to pleased with. When we came home, he was sure to get a briefing on the weekend by thoroughly smelling Kota's booty. But then he realized we had forgotten the most important person, G, who had to go straight to class. So Biggs has been pouting by the door ever since in protest.

4 comments:

bonjovibabe said...

Both of these pictures are adorable!!

Unknown said...

Awww, I miss Kota, she was such a good protector of you when you wanted to sleep on the porch and I had to have help to convince you to sleep inside.

Besiege said...

Ah, yes- she's always looking out for me, even though my porch-sleeping days are long gone... I think she knows I'm preggo.

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying getting drunk and having you drive me around! Maybe we need to hurry up with the other kid! LOL!