So I'm pretty sure being a mama is, by nature, supposed to make you a compassionate and sympathetic person. For what it's worth, impending motherhood is not accomplishing this task for me. In fact, my sympathy for anyone who is not pregnant is but a bleak little memory. I'm not sure why, because compared to the horror stories most preggo books describe, my pregnancy (after the first 10 weeks) has been pretty smooth. (Knock on wood) I haven't experienced many- if not most- of the horrible symptoms depicted in our stereotype of the pregnant woman. Nevertheless, my thought process continues to look like this in response to others' complaints:
"My stomach has been hurting." Oh, are you, too, trying to grow a small person inside of you?
"I have a really bad cold." Shut up. At least you can take drugs for it.
"Man, what a bad day at work." Boo hoo. Did you have to handle it while balancing pregnancy exhaustion and hormones?? Can you or can you not go home and have a glass of wine to calm down from your day??
Yeah, I'm a bitch.
Am I entitled to a Mother's Day gift this year?
I am now well situated into what I like to call the insatiable period of my pregnancy. I can eat and eat and eat and eat. There's just no stopping it. And Schmoops over here had the nerve to ask if an all you can eat Indian dinner sounded like a good idea. A good idea?? I cannot think of something closer to my ideal evening than eating an endless supply of Indian food.
No comments:
Post a Comment