So today I went to a Birth and Baby Fair. I had a suspicious feeling this would turn out as disappointing as the Bridal Fair I went to a few months ago, but I was swayed by promises of Maternity consignments, awesome exhibitors, helpful workshops, and even massages!
I should have listened to my gut.
Though I did get some semi-valuable coupons, and some good deals on a super cool line of athletic maternity gear, it was mostly a wash. One workshop I attended was on cloth diapering, presented by an "expert" who runs a diapering service. Not only did she not really explain all of the different options on the market, she couldn't answer questions about how one should wash cloth diapers at home. She couldn't even explain how her own company washed the diapers! More than half of the questions posed to her she answered with an "I'm not actually sure..." I also took a sleep workshop, which I believe might have been a little better, but it was hard to tell because I didn't get a front row seat. Why did I need a front row seat, you ask? Oh, did I forget to mention they held these workshops in the corner of the same room all of the booths were set up and hundreds of people were walking around?? Good one.
One happy nugget out of the whole ordeal was meeting an artist who paints stuffed animals. Scratch that- who paints ridiculously, mind-numbingly adorable stuffed animals. It was physically impossible to walk by her table and not have your jaw drop, eyes widen and voice rise an octave and a half. In order to exemplify how sickeningly sweet these paintings were, she wore this rainbow-striped sundress on a chilly, rainy day to confirm she really was that adorable. Later, I noticed she was wearing 5-inch patent yellow stripper shoes, which I believe made her even more awesome and ridiculous. Anyway, if you love me at all you should look here and buy me presents. Maybe something with a hippo. Or lion. Or zebra. Monsters and dinosaurs will also do just fine. Thanks in advance.
I decided on my way home from this fair that the hardest part of my pregnancy thus far has been deciding, after a long day, whether eating or sleeping is of more imminent concern.
1 comment:
Hey! I remember you! Thanks for the lovely review!!! Let me know how you decorate your little one's room, I will send you some prints! Christian Louboutin made those stripper heels, and they were oh so comfortable...;) Cheers!
Post a Comment