Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Well folks, it's been a crazy couple of days.

We went back to Nashville for Gerard's graduation. It was kind of anticlimactic, as he really finished last year, but as of this weekend he is technically an MD, with no asterisks, and the documentation to prove it. So yay for my Schmoops!

Both of my parents came up, as did a lot of Gerard's family members, some of which I still hadn't met. So that was really nice. And while everything went surprisingly smoothly with everyone, I found myself getting increasingly stressed out and anxious. It wasn't until I took an hour and a half to walk around the mall on Saturday morning while Gerard packed that I realized I had just needed some alone time. I hadn't been alone for longer than a shower since Monday. Granted I was in a hugely packed mall and could hardly be considered "alone," but it was just what I needed to not have a breakdown.

So today was left to sleep in, get ready for work tomorrow, and enjoy Mother's Day! My Schmoops gave some very very beautiful earrings which I am very proud of :). To celebrate, I decided to dedicate the remainder of the day to lil boo boo, and took inventory of the very generous donations some of my kids' moms have given me. I also undertook the surprisingly daunting task of creating a baby gift registry, because some people have asked even though I'm not really having any real shower that I am aware of. So that was fun. And stressful. And time consuming.

I rounded out the day in a less happy way that left me feeling ironic, guilty, frustrated and confused, but I won't get into the details because I'm learning that some people who I don't expect are finding my blog, so maybe I should learn to censor myself a bit.

And, as of Wednesday, lil boo boo has gained some muscle. A pack to his punch. Some vigor to his movements. He's gonna be a feisty one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Humm, i find this post intersting... See, I agree that we both need some alone time and I actually miss that sometime. Thats not saying I don't like spending time, but if you think about it, the only alone time is at the gym. And yes, my family was everywhere so getting away from them was needed at a few points.

My mom told me that I was a little fiesty but I was still rather calm. She says that the few hours after birth is when you can tell how a baby will act. She said I was upset and making some noise but I would chill out and relax as well. I wonder what boo boo will do.