Well ladies and gentlemen, I am officially in my third trimester. 27 weeks. 6 months. Crazy crazy. We're super excited and feeling more and more prepared by the day. Things haven't yet finalized in G's job for next year, so we've officially decided to plan to have the baby here in SF. Not that there's not a chance this will change, but it's a huge sigh of relief for me to at least be able to plan where I want to give birth, where the baby will sleep, etc. With Kaiser we have two main hospital options- the one here in SF a few blocks from where I work, or down in Redwood City (about a 30 min drive, all freeway). I had the occasion to go to the Labor and Delivery wing of the SF hospital and was not really impressed. It smelled like pee. But the Redwood City one is staffed with midwives and supposed to be a good option for those wanting to go natural, so I want to go visit it. The drive makes me a little nervous, but at the same time, who really doesn't have a 30 minute warning before the baby comes out?
Also on the baby front, we bought our stroller today! We got an awesome deal on it, and now get the added enjoyment of pushing stuffed animals around the apartment. We're also starting to map out around the apartment where boo boo is going to go, what we'll have to get rid of, etc etc. It feels good to have a plan. People have been exceedingly gracious with gifts and baby gear, which we are extremely grateful for. I feel like pieces are really starting to come together on how we're going to make this work!
PS- I got an email from a dealership I visited once in St. Louis saying they want to buy back my Vibe. I was concerned the value of my car was crashed with the death of Pontiac, but apparently there's a huge demand for used Vibes now. I love my car and can't think of many reasons I'd want to sell it unless we move someplace a little more accessible that we don't need a second car. But I am intrigued and want to call them back and see what exactly they are offering.
1 comment:
damn girl, you have your self a ripe little belly! Super cute, I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment