Thursday, April 9, 2009

4/9/09

This is a day for the record books, folks.

Not only am I well established in being 20 weeks pregnant (that's the half way point, people- HALF. WAY.), but today a perfect stranger asked me if I was expecting.!.! In the brief, 2 second delay between the end of her question and my response, you could see her face immediately fill up with regret and embarrassment and thinking 'Dear God, please let this girl be pregnant so I don't spend the next ten minutes apologizing.' But I am! And it only took me half-way through my pregnancy, my best I'm knocked up dress (which I consider anything empire waisted), and a little belly rub to convince a stranger of it's truth. Take that!

Also of recent excitement- we have totally decided on the UppaBaby Vista stroller. No purchases yet, but we are sold on it, and there's no going back. We are still working on the color. I want the pretty bright blue, Gerard wants red. But now I may want the ugly olive green color because according to Uppa's website, they refer to this green as.... Carlin!! For real. So green it is. Maybe. Though I'm starting to doubt how many times this fun factoid will come up in conversation.

-I love your stroller!
Thanks, it's an Uppa Baby.
-And that ugly olive green color! What does Uppa refer to that color as?
Carlin! Which is also my name!
-Wow! You're so lucky! I've always wanted a stroller color named after me.
Yeah, too bad it wasn't the pretty, bright blue.
-Yeah...

No comments: