This little diddy gives you instant line graphs of the popularity of whatever name you type in. So you can visually see the trends wax and wane through the past decades. Then, you can click on the NameMapper tab. Here, you get to see which states had your chosen name in the top 100 in the last 50 years. It's kinda funny to see name trends that hit a certain geographical area but not the rest of the country. It's our goal to find a unique, but not too crazy, name, so these lists are vital to us. We basically don't want our name to be a regular in the top 100 anywhere. Ever. There's a NameFinder I haven't given a chance yet, but the Namipedia tab is also super great. Here, you can type in your name, and other bored Mamas rate these names, based on if it sounds smart, friendly, sophisticated, etc. What's cooler is, that it gives sibling suggestions submitted by people that know kids (or adults) by that name, and what their siblings are named.
So, as of yesterday, I have my boy's first name officially picked out. I think I have the girl's name, too, but I'm a little more open to influence on the girl. Anyway, I type in the boy's name, and one suggested sibling name is a longer version of the girl's name we like! Crazy! And, when I type in the girl's name we like, a suggested sibling name is... Gerard!! It must be destiny.
FYI- for you stinkies who think you can search suggested sibling names for Gerard and deduct our girl name, it's not listed. So- HAH! You hafta wait til August, suckers...
No comments:
Post a Comment