I've started my longer work days. It's silly, because I used to work until 3:30 with a half an hour lunch break. They've been fighting and fighting to get me to work full time, which is til 5, but full time workers get an hour lunch break. I can't logistically take an hour lunch break, because I have too many kids to see within a strict time frame. So, I work until 4:30. And when I tallied up my productivity hours, I was already at the goal productivity, so they took a kid away and gave me an eval a week to do instead. So now, basically, I just have an extra hour each afternoon to do the work that I would normally just do at home. Weird. Too bad I cannot concentrate in that time frame to save my life. I swear my brain completely shuts off from 3-6pm. So really, I'm there an extra hour to check facebook, blogs, and whatever else I can waste time on, and then I still end up finishing up my work at home.
It was my CEO's birthday this week. We hosted a "surprise" birthday party for him with all the kids. The kids usually write their own cards, with poetic messages such as "I like you." But one boy wrote on his card "You are the boss" Hahaha, I don't know why I still find this hilarious!
On Sunday I'm braving one of those cheesy Bridal Expo thingies. I'm not sure whether to be excited or scared.
I think I'm going to be calling old friends this weekend. Catching up. Be ready! :)
1 comment:
That is awesome that you have ended up with more free time!
Post a Comment