I had another story to tell, but now I have no idea what it was. Lucky for me, us knocked up chicks get to pull "the pregnancy brain" excuse, because apparently we're more susceptible, and thereby excused, to do dumb shit. So I'm no longer dumb, or blond or flaky, for forgetting things. I'm just preggo.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Musings
We had a little party type thing here last night. My friends aren't cool enough to show up, so it was mainly people Gerard works with, plus a couple other friends who I actually enjoy. Anyway, one of the friend's girlfriend-type person came. Somehow the topic of pregnancy came up, to which the girl loudly announced, and I quote, "I hate it when people tell me they are pregnant. It's like, ew, gross! Get away from me. That shit is contagious!" Awesome. Thanks. Granted, maybe she didn't know I was pregnant, but it still seemed pretty uncalled for. What's more uncalled for is the fact no one (ahem ahem) felt the need to defend me. If I wasn't the only sober person in the house, I would have had the balls to kick her out on the spot. But I didn't. Instead, being the only sober person gave me the ability to drive someone I don't know home at 2 in the morning all the way across town after trying unsuccessfully for at least an hour to kick everyone out. Being the only sober person also left me as the only nonhungover person today to clean up the torrential mess. Awesome again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Was this girl in middle school? I mean, COME ON. She probably also still thinks that boys have cooties.
Post a Comment