Sunday, February 22, 2009

The big 1-4

So, tomorrow I'll officially be 14 weeks! Not sure what that means, exactly, but I think it's a nice number, well-established in the second trimester. I've been feeling great, and aside from one random Wednesday, have been nausea-free for several weeks! Go me! 

I'm no where near what the world considers "showing," but I'm most definitely more rounded. Pants, while acceptable the first couple hours of the day, are next to unbearable by the afternoon. My sister offered the simple solution of unbuttoning my pants as soon as I sat down for work, which is apparently how she managed. Which is a wonderful idea, except for the fact I work with kids all day long. I'm fairly confident I could get arrested for this. 

Also new is the fact my dreams have now completely surrendered to baby dreams. Sometimes my baby is a genius and can repeat everything I say. Sometimes she's as pale as me, sometimes she's as dark as Gerard. She's a girl, or a boy, and anywhere from newborn to three years old. Last night, however, it was my sister's baby that was also mine. I'm aware people don't like hearing about dreams as much as I like to tell them, so here's the forewarning my dream is the remainder of the post, so if you don't care about it, you can stop reading. But it's pretty good. 

So, Gerard and I are supposed to watch my sister's baby for a week. One day during that week, Gerard decides to kidnap the baby. I wasn't there, but I can see it. Someone else sees Gerard kidnap the baby, but doesn't see Gerard's face, which means we are in the clear. So the next day, I'm trying to figure out if Gerard kidnapped the baby or not. I find the baby carrier thing with a blanket over it. I peek in, and sure enough, there's a baby who apparently wasn't too upset he hadn't been fed or attended to in any way in over 24 hours. From what I hear, this is less than realistic. Regardless, I freak out and decide he needs to eat. To his disappointment, my boobs aren't in working order yet, so I have to go get him a bottle and formula. Meanwhile, I ration with Gerard that since we haven't called my sister to report that someone kidnapped the baby, we should probably just lie and say we brought him to our house so we didn't have to keep driving over to her house. And then, at the end of the week we can give  him back- no harm no foul. He is fine with this. And no one is the wiser, but I do get yelled at by my sister for giving the baby a bottle, because now he prefers it to her breast. I still don't know what my alternative should've been.

Sister, I totally understand if I just lost any babysitting privileges after this entry...

No comments: