Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cue the Violins

Ah, another Tuesday... Is it sad when the only thing getting you through the day is the fact that Biggest Loser is on tonight? Don't answer that.

8 mice, for those keeping track. Everyone keeps pressuring me to set out poison. They don't understand why I don't want to send out death traps dressed as cupcakes to our dogs, and the pets of our neighbors. I also think that the idea of glue traps is maybe one of the least humane ways to kill an animal. Luckily no one is asking me to do this.

Did I mention that last week, it was announced we were going to suffer 15% company-wide pay cuts starting yesterday? Yesterday was also the first day of my planned bumping up of my hours to save more money. Now I'm just working more for the same pay. Awesome. I know, I know, I said I was going to stop complaining, and that it's way worse to be laid off. But 15% sucks.

Ah, what other depressing news can I share?

I've been suffering from a transient, yet mind-numbingly rotten smell from my bathroom recently. It's awkward trying to convince guests that the smell just did not originate from me. I finally tracked the smell to our unused washer/dryer hookups, and they were plugged up today. This was the good part of my day.

I'm trying to convince myself to go to the gym, and it's surprisingly difficult.

My next post will be happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

were minnie and mickey mouse making their way in through the uncovered washer and dryer hookups?

Besiege said...

Don't think so; it's at the other side of the apartment than all the mice sightings. We thinking they are getting in through the heating vents under our electric fireplace. It connects to the other apts as well.

emilyjbell said...

Wow. Sounds like some sort of mice lovefest going on in your place. That's awful. We had mouse at our old office and I have the joy of discovering it in one of the cabineets in the trap. Not fun.