Sunday, October 25, 2009

Movin and Scootin

So, lots of things to update about! We had a peds appointment on Friday. Solomon's height is in the 85th percentile, but his weight is only the 25th. But, c'mon... look at his parents and tell me you don't expect him to be tall and skinny? Add a head circumference in the 60th percentile, and you baically have a tall, skinny bobble head. That's our boo.

He's been doing a lot of motor development lately. I've mentioned his head control has gotten a lot better. And, whether purposefully or not, he's started grasping his pacifier when it's in his mouth. He'll take it out of his mouth and hold onto it, which is super cute. It's much harder to accurately put the correct end back in his mouth, though, which frustrates him. One time when I wasn't looking he actually did it though!

Today, during tummy time, he was laying (lying? I still don't know) on the chaise portion of our couch, hanging out. I usually sit next to him on the couch, but today got down on the floor so he could look at my face while he was there (I usually put a mirror or fun toy for him to look at instead). Anyway, during tummy time, he usually tries really hard to crawl. Really hard. If we put our hands on the bottom of his feet he can push off several times and really move respectable distances. Sometimes he bends his toes and can push off the couch and scooch a couple inches at a time. But today, I'm sitting there next to the couch and I look away for a second, and next thing I know Solomon is on his back, at the edge of the couch, and I'm holding his legs from falling off! Solomon looked just as surprised as I was at his new trick. I guess this means it's time for tummy time to be moved to the floor...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man i totally had you pegged for the short fat red headed freckle kid...oh well, Solomon is pretty damn cute so it makes it all okay.....oh, chickens lay, people lie....thats how I remember the laying vs lying miss you and love you and can't wait until January!!!!!