Solomon's rough days affect more than just his own mood. I've noticed that when he cries, especially when its a lot, I can get frustrated easily, which I don't like. But I take my frustrations out more at Gerard than the boo. I find myself snipping at Gerard if he doesn't rush in and try to help right away, which I know is ridiculous. And he does always offer to help eventually.
I had hoped to go to a museum or two on Tuesday (most here are free the first Tues of the month), but it was right in the middle of Solomon's 'I'm mad about the world' phase, so it didn't work out for us. We did make it to the Free Zoo day yesterday, however. By the time we went, most of the animals were being put away for the night, which was disappointing. But we did hear some peacocks doing a mating call back and forth to eachother. Have you ever heard a peacock?? You'd know if you had. Those dudes are loud! And annoying! And decidedly not beautiful or bird-chirp-like. Eek. Solomon was pretty intrigued by the ordeal, though.
Yesterday I also went to an All About Pumping class. I've been totally intimidated by the whole pumping process, but I know its a necessary step since I'll be going back to work. I definitely feel less overwhelmed by everything now, and she taught us a lot of things about preserving fat cells, storage, and all sorts of things I would have never otherwise learned. I still don't know when I'll start, though. I don't really need to right now, but I would have a peace of mind knowing that I can pump and store everything ok, and that he takes a bottle well. It would also be convenient and allow for such novelties like going to a movie. So we shall see!
Last note of thought, my wedding planner just told me the first time she heard the name Solomon was in the movie Blood Diamonds.
...Really??
1 comment:
Yay! Thanks!
Post a Comment