1. A boobie! Nothing beats it. I don't think Solomon has ever turned down at a chance for a boob- mom's, dad's, stranger's... covered by clothes or not, any boob is a good boob. It's so hilarious to me how some people can hold their babies in a cradle position to just hang out. That would never happen here.
2. Daddy's pinky finger. This ranks pretty high on the list of best things ever.
3/4. A paci and his own fist, depending on his mood. A week or so ago he discovered he could suck on his first two fingers independently of his fist, but it's novelness wore off quickly. A paci is pretty great when he forgets how yummy his fist is, or if it's otherwise occupied yanking on something, or inaccessible from a swaddle.
5. My finger. And this is not even close. It shouldn't even be on the menu, really. I think I've gotten maybe 4 consecutive sucks max on my finger...
In separate but even more exciting news- bath time today! So usually we make bath-time as quick as possible because silly Solomon keeps thinking we're dripping him in acid despite my efforts to convince him otherwise. So after a quick splash and wipeoff today, I was reaching for the towel in anticipation of puling him out of the tub when........ he stopped crying.
I'll let that sink in.
He stopped crying.
He just stared at me, finally realizing I wasn't plotting his death afterall. Dare I say he almost even half-smiled once?! We must've stayed in there for 5 whole minutes with him not crying!
No comments:
Post a Comment