Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Things

I know this is kinda backwards from how it's supposed to be, but having a baby has done wonders for my social life. In a good way. I've managed to meet more people in the past few weeks than I have the year+ I've lived here. Having a baby has helped me befriend the neighbors upstairs, another girl in the neighborhood I walk and run with, two other girls I'm about to start running with (btw I had a great run yesterday- like, the best I've had since I was 5 mo preggo...), another couple+baby from our childbirth class, 10 other girls I meet with weekly, plus any other "playgroup" I may sporadically drop in on. Of course its a different type of social network, but it's nice. And maybe one day we'll start talking about something other than our babies and birth stories.. :p

Meeting all of these other new moms, however, has confirmed the fact I am the youngest person in the city with a child. Which is funny, because if facebook is any indication, I'm the last person in my high school graduating class to have one.

In other news, Solomon's newfound head control (he's had it to some degree for a while, but now all of a sudden it is pretty respectable) has let us explore new positions in our carriers. I still like our Mei Tai and Moby for different purposes, but no longer being restricted to the cradle hold in our Baby K'Tan has reconfirmed why we fell in love with it. So quick and easy and comfy! :)

Ok, I have a walking date along the Embarcadero!

1 comment:

emilyjbell said...

Seriously. Everyone from our high school has a baby or two.