So today we had our tasting for the wedding. Solomon was very well behaved, and the food was delicious, but I left the building somewhere between on the verge of tears, and amusingly flabbergasted that I have been engaged for this long, and honestly was "wedding planning" before we were even officially engaged... and yet here I am, two months out, and practically nothing is done. We got a semi-firm scolding that we really had to get our shit together. First up: invitations. I have to find someone who can print and mail these out, hmmm, last week. Should be a no-brainer.
4 comments:
Plenty of people plan weddings in two months. ;-) Do you guys have a Party City in San Fran? I know it's not "fancy" wedding invites, but we used them to have ours printed. They were pretty inexpensive, and I think they were done in a couple days.
You might also try vistaprint.com. They are offering the first 10 invitations for free (have to pay shipping and I don't think envelopes are included). If you have your guest list (with addresses) in an Excel spreadsheet, you might be able to upload it to a site like Vistaprint (or Kodak or Shutterfly) and have them print and mail the invites for you. We looked into that option for Carter's birthday party. It was a little more expensive than what we wanted to spend for a birthday (I think $1-2 per invite, plus standard postage), but probably fine for a wedding.
My mother-in-law did ours...she might be willing to make them for you pretty inexpensively....if you're intrested, I'll talk to her for you. She's fast and does an AMAZING job!!!
Not sure if you're into the scrapbooking thing but I was actually thinking about making my own! Maybe that's an option for you??
thanks for all the ideas, guys! i went with vistaprints..
Post a Comment