Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm a Genius, Apparently

So, my dumb childbirth class is done. The last class of the series really highlighted just how dumb some people are. Or at least completely unprepared for this whole childbirth thing. I give a pass to you nonpreggos and nonmamas reading this, but just take my word for it when I say that if you have reached your second trimester not knowing the answer to these questions, something is wrong. Especially if you've sat through the other classes we've had!

**What is cord blood banking? (she wasn't asking for clarification- she had never heard of it)

**Are there reasons not to circumcise your baby? (again, not asking what these reasons were, she was genuinely surprised anyone wouldn't)

**What does a birthing ball feel like? I've never sat on one. (It's an exercise ball, people...)

** I didn't realize we had to deliver the placenta after the baby... (My personal favorite, even thought it's not really a question)

We start our second childbirth class tomorrow, because we're overachievers like that. Even though apparently we are not the ones that need these classes. Oh well. I really wanted to take a Bradley series, but the day of the week wasn't good for us, so it's the Birthing From Within series instead. Let's hope this goes better!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Love the placenta comment! Good for you on all the classes. I didn't take any, and it sounds like I may not have missed much. It probably would have been helpful to learn breathing techniques, but I survived. I didn't feel a thing until they broke my water, and then I had my mother-in-law coach me through the contractions, because she'd gone through natural child birth with Jack.