Thursday, June 11, 2009

This baby's getting old...

So my belly button is still hanging on for dear life. It's a losing battle, but he's not giving up yet. I'm not sure why I've decided to give my belly button a masculine pronoun; it just seemed natural. Anyway, what's interesting, is when I lean back in my chair pretty far I can actually make him protrude. It's pretty crazy. I'm kinda tempted to take a little video of this evolution of innie-to flush with my belly- to outtie. But I'm pretty sure that the 'craziness' title will slide from my belly button over to the rest of me. So I'm refraining.

In other news, I'm enjoying the last days as a 20-weeker. That's right guys, I'm a few rotations of the earth short of being 30-weeks. That's the big time. A girl in my prenatal yoga class told me she made her husband buy her a present at 30 weeks. Simply because she was 30 weeks. Obviously he didn't understand, but I thought it was pretty genius. I told this story to G, but I don't think he caught the hint.

Our study is looking less and less like a study every day! And more like a giant mess! But, the good news is, at the advice of my brilliant uncle, we have drastically decreased the temperature in the "nursery" by not only opening the bottom windows in our living room, but the very top ones as well. We live in a loft, so the very top windows are a pain in the ass to open, and require a 15-foot pole that is a bit too unwieldy for me. But apparently by opening both the top and the bottom windows (and not necessarily the middle), we're creating a convection, and great things happen. Our little egg-thermostat thing now lights up a nice peaceful yellow, instead of permanently flashing red and screaming YOU'RE KILLING YOUR BABY! YOU'RE KILLING YOUR BABY!

We like the yellow. And it was a completely free solution to our dilemma, which makes it all the better.

No comments: