Friday, June 12, 2009

Getting Slow

So, my jogging with intermittent walking has now become walking with intermittent jogging. I've been having difficulties with running recently, aside from the back problems I was having a month or so ago. Now I feel this stretch/tightening/something on the underside of my belly whenever I start to run. It starts almost immediately when I begin, and although it's not particularly painful, I'm being pretty conservative since I haven't mastered what's normal belly behavior or not.

Although I am hesitant to admit I'm now considering walking as exercise, I can get my heart rate up pretty easily by increasing my pace up the hills. And I'm at no loss to find hills. So, I'm mixing in this "hillwork" with other nonpainful exercises like the elliptical, and of course my yoga. For my armwork, I carry around my carseat with a 10lb dumbbell tucked inside. That's plenty for my puny little arms.

I've had two and a half days off work and it feels soooo good. I've been super productive with errands and things around the apartment, but still managed to feel rested and relaxed. It's been wonderful, and I'm super ecstatic I still have Saturday and Sunday left before going back to work!!

No comments: