I have little to report, besides the fact that I can make my belly button "pop" simply by inhaling deeply. Talk about a fun party trick.
Things at work have been busy, and it's harder and harder to keep up my energy with the kids at work... Said kids are growing increasingly impatient the baby is not here yet....I'm finding some friends like to talk to me less and less, which is awesome.... I got a really cool rocking chair off craigslist which I'm super pumped about!.... And our nursery is allllmost complete; it's a very happy yet calm, quiet space. I like to hang out there and just think about boo boo and everything that awaits us!
I have two basic hospital choices available through my insurance. One is here in SF, and the other is about 20 miles away (all highway). I had been leaning toward the latter, as they employ nurse-midwives and seemed to reflect less of the stern, strict, hospital-feel. I had my tour of the SF hospital last night, and was pleasantly surprised by it. They handed out a birth plan 'cheat sheet,' that listed many options that we could check off that I had assumed I would have to fight for in a hospital setting. I was assured that I wouldn't be hooked up at an IV 'just in case' since I am planning for a natural birth, would be not only be allowed but encouraged to shower and walk about the hospital as I saw fit, and that I could even have ammenities like a squatting bar brought in if I liked. I can have all newborn procedures delayed for the first hour, and any such bathing or procedure be done in my room. Basically all the things I feared would be a struggle were handed out on a silver platter. My appointment to see the other hospital is in July.
I think that's about all... And I know I'm behind on my 31wk pics. I'm terribly sorry.
Things at work have been busy, and it's harder and harder to keep up my energy with the kids at work... Said kids are growing increasingly impatient the baby is not here yet....I'm finding some friends like to talk to me less and less, which is awesome.... I got a really cool rocking chair off craigslist which I'm super pumped about!.... And our nursery is allllmost complete; it's a very happy yet calm, quiet space. I like to hang out there and just think about boo boo and everything that awaits us!
I have two basic hospital choices available through my insurance. One is here in SF, and the other is about 20 miles away (all highway). I had been leaning toward the latter, as they employ nurse-midwives and seemed to reflect less of the stern, strict, hospital-feel. I had my tour of the SF hospital last night, and was pleasantly surprised by it. They handed out a birth plan 'cheat sheet,' that listed many options that we could check off that I had assumed I would have to fight for in a hospital setting. I was assured that I wouldn't be hooked up at an IV 'just in case' since I am planning for a natural birth, would be not only be allowed but encouraged to shower and walk about the hospital as I saw fit, and that I could even have ammenities like a squatting bar brought in if I liked. I can have all newborn procedures delayed for the first hour, and any such bathing or procedure be done in my room. Basically all the things I feared would be a struggle were handed out on a silver platter. My appointment to see the other hospital is in July.
I think that's about all... And I know I'm behind on my 31wk pics. I'm terribly sorry.
1 comment:
sounds like that hospital is on top of things! yay! either one you pick it will all go swimmingly!
Post a Comment