Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sh*t

Have I mentioned I taught Solomon how to say shit?? It's my go-to cuss word when I drop something, stub my toe, etc. Sometimes I hear him say it when he drops something, but I like to pretend he's saying 'shoot' or even some meaningless babble that coincidently sounds like shit. But last night, approximately 3 minutes before company came over to dinner, Solomon and I ran to take out a smelly bag of trash, and came back to find the Kota had eaten or licked or dropped not just one but both pizzas I had just lovingly made (and smelled delicious, PS), it was really beyond my control to yell out sssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiitttttttttttt as loud as possible. Which, of course, prompted little Solomon to yell back 'Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!' non stop until the doorbell rang and he forgot about cussing in favor of flirting with two girls.

Awesome parenting skills at work, I know.

But, lesson learned. If there's a word you really want to teach your toddler, just yell it out in apparent anger. Surely he will pick up on it, too.

No comments: