Weekends like this make me wonder why the hell do I work so much?? It was so fantastic, you have no idea. I don't post enough photos on this blog anymore, so I'm making up for it- all in today's post. Quick recap of the weekend: awesome Easter Egg hunt (captured below), toy swap with Sue (trading each other's ignored toys), an awesome time in our pool that Solomon actually loved (the pool was pure torture for him last summer- this was our first attempt since then), beautiful weather, came to the city this morning and ate at my favorite breakfast place in my old neighborhood, met up with my old mothers group/play group (the girls I've known since Solly was 4 weeks old), ran into my old neighborhood running buddy who had a new baby in tow, more friends announced their pregnancy... I think that was the most of it. Was just an awesome weekend. So sad to see it end. One new idea to make my weekends a little longer (very potentially...) ( I mean very long shot potential not very strong potential) is below the pictures. So you'll have to scroll through them ALL!
I just like this photo because you can actually see the little candy dropping
Showing off his eggs. He was very proud of them.
I maybe have a tendency to come up with hair-brained ideas of what I want to do with the rest of my life that fizzle out after 2 days. Who remembers when I was convinced my calling was to be a midwife?? Anyway, so I have the opportunity to own a Stroller Strides franchise in a very affluent neighborhood in San Jose. That's a total exaggeration. I saw a posting from a franchise owner saying she needs to sell her franchise, and I emailed her. But you have to admit it sounds like a good idea. I love pregnant people. I love babies. I love working with and talking to/about pregnant people and babies. I love being with Solomon, and (at my best) I love working out and encouraging exercise in others. The neighborhood is very rich (as in my good friends that live there are shopping for house in the $1M range are having a difficult time finding anything that "cheap,") and has no shortage of SAHMs with extra cash to spend. It's a quick drive from where we live, and covers the area that we hope to send Solomon to preschool next year... so all in all a good neighborhood to market. She's already had the franchise up and running, so it would seemingly be easy to just keep the ball rolling, rather than trying to start something up from scratch. I don't have formal education, but have always been a runner, have coached middle and high school track, so I think I have a few tricks up my sleeve. And it would presumably allow me to have more time with Solomon. So to me, this definitely seems like an avenue to pursue... at least to find out more information. Am I crazy for getting a little excited about the idea?
** Speaking of preggos working out: Good luck to Sister at Boston tomorrow!!!!! And maybe I should go do a workout myself.
3 comments:
Perhaps I'm a little slow. What sort of franchise?
hah, thanks for pointing out I forgot to say the actual franchise. It's a company that hosts group exercises at local parks to pregnant women and new moms who can work out with their baby
I don't think it's crazy at all, I think it's a splendid idea.
Post a Comment