And did I mention he's way too cool for thumb sucking? He prefers to try to shove his entire fist in his mouth. He hasn't entirely succeeded yet, but he's working on it.
But back to eating. In conjunction with fist-sucking, he's also taken to pulling down the collar of my shirt. I've taken to wearing really low cut shirts, because they're easier to breastfeed with (well, that and they look good now with my new milk-filled boobies), so after he continually pulls down and stretches out my collar, I'm pretty much always walking around with my boobs and bra hanging out. Which is cool.
Oh, one last thing. When I went to my new playgroup meeting, the other moms were (impressed? surprised? I'm not sure what they were exactly) that I was breastfeeding in public. I haven't figured out how you could go a month without breastfeeding in public. But judging by the fact some girls didn't even bring their babies with them, I'm assuming many are at least supplementing with formula. But regardless one girl complemented my discreetness, and ability to "not make a mess." Thanks...?
1 comment:
Haha! I laughed at the mess part. For a few months (no, longer, because even when I was pumping at work) . . . my milk went everywhere, all over everything. And Carter had a way of pulling away from the boob just as my milk let down, so it was a steady stream, flowing freely onto my lap and everything around me.
Post a Comment