EAT: He eats. He likes boobies. If I'm holding or burping him, and he decides eating would be a better use for his time, he'll make a nose-dive down towards a boob with no regard to his personal safety or how he'll stop at the boob and not just keep falling (don't worry, I always catch him- but I wish he'd give me a little warning). He has tried very hard to make Gerard's boobies work, but continues to be unsuccessful with this venture. Some days he has a normal baby appetite, but sometimes he really just wants to stay on my boob and snack all day and night. This is way more fun during the day than at night- but either way it's exhausting. Solomon also has special skills that trigger his appetite. He can be sound asleep in Gerard's hands, and I'll just reach out my hands to hold him and he starts smacking. He can like just smell the boobs. Solomon is also very aware of when I want to eat myself, and doesn't want to miss out on a meal, too. Without fail, precisely the moment my food is ready- whether it's milk poured in cereal or dinner taken out of the oven- he starts crying to eat. Without fail! All this eating is paying off, as he's gaining weight, and faster than the recommended 1oz/day ratio, so that's good. He also already grew 2 more inches! And he's in the 91st percentile. I see a basketball scholarship in our future... One last thought- I've discovered the value in shopping around for a good nursing bra. It's really worth it. And I won't even say worth the money, as my new favorite bra from Motherhood is half the price as the Medela nursing bra which is a piece of crap as far as I'm concerned. So it's not worth the money, but rather the effort, of finding good bras.
SLEEP: I think as far as babies go we've got it pretty good. He likes to sleep, unless he's having one of his 'all I want to do is eat' days. We can usually get several 3 hour stretches of sleeping, which generally leads to a pretty good cumulative sleep. The past few nights are the first times he hasn't consistently been content sleeping in his bassinet. One night I had to put him to sleep while in the rocking chair before moving him, and Gerard and I have both put in shifts where he really will only sleep on one of our chests. Overall pretty typical baby behavior. But he is atypically cute with his crazy dramatic sleeping arm movements.
POOP: He likes to poop. His favorite times to poop are when he's eating, and within seconds of getting a new diaper on- like, before we even walk out of the bathroom. He loves it! Not sure what else to say about the poop.
3 comments:
So is now a good time to bring up EC again? ;) Perhaps he would poop before putting the new diaper on?
I knew I'd get this comment from you... He really prefers to poop while he eats. Regardless, I think I'll leave the poop catching to you guys.
The breast milk goes right through them for the first few weeks. He'll eventually stop pooping while he's eating.
I agree about the nursing bra. My most expensive one was my least favorite. I really liked the sports bra style ones, though I eventually had to give in and wear something with actual cups when I went back to work. I found a cheap one at Target that I ended up really liking, and it looked fine under my business clothes.
Post a Comment