Solomon is becoming a big boy right before our eyes! Well, that might be a leap, but he is learning new tricks- beyond the ever impressive 'lay down' and 'stay.'
He's starting to vocalize a lot more- both happy and frustrated yelps, coos and exclamations. They're fun. And he can smile! It's still infrequent, but he can give actual real-life smiles, not just gas-induced faced contortions. Even better, Gerard swore up and down Solomon laughed last night. I didn't believe him, until boo giggled for me this morning! :)
And, amidst complaints I don't post enough pictures I'll one-up you. Here's Solomon getting annoyed with his usually enjoyable tummy-time, and trying to crawl or kick me or something.
In other (sorta) news, I've joined a play group to try to meet some other mamas. We met yesterday in one girl's townhome- that's already babyproofed! For real. Her baby is 8 weeks old. My apartment is still a death trap. And probably will be until the day he crawls and spins us into a panic. So how do people deal with stairs anyway? It seems that most people put the baby gate at the top of the stairs, but I think it's more likely that the baby could crawl up some stairs, and then fall down- so the baby gate should be at the bottom. Plus we spend most of our time on the bottom floor anyway. Am I missing something?
I had other stuff I wanted to talk about, but I don't remember now... That and my left-hand typing skills aren't up to par yet.
2 comments:
We have yet to install our baby gate. We've had it for nine months, and Carter has been walking for five months. We also couldn't decide between top and bottom. On the main floor of our house, we have open stairs going down to the basement and open stairs going up to the bedrooms. We decided to use the pack-and-play to block the top of the basement stairs, and so far have installed nothing to block the other stairs. We figure that usually we realize what he's doing before he makes it very far up the stairs--but he could tumble down from the top, much more quickly. That theory has served us well until about two weeks ago, when Carter started FLYING up the stairs. By the time I realize he isn't behind me in the kitchen, he is at or near the top.
We've taken a pretty reactive approach to babyproofing. Aside from covering electrical outlets (did that when he started crawling) and using window blind cord keepers, we've generally waited until he showed us what he could get into, then we did something about it.
I would just put the gate wherever the baby is.... I mean, they're moveable, right? So if he's at the top of the stairs, I'd put the gate at the top. If he's on the bottom floor, I'd put the gate at the bottom.
Post a Comment