Anyway, since last posting I've resigned from my stinky old job, started a new and awesome job, gotten married, had a birthday, and I'm sure another milestone or two. My milk supply plummeted, along with Solomon's weight gain, which forced me to make a very difficult decision to start supplementing with formula. I felt sick to my stomach in the grocery aisle buying formula and just wanted to cry, but I managed to do it, and Solomon is happily munching away. I admit I felt a ping of hurt that he took to the formula so easily, but mostly I'm relieved that his weight is back up to healthy proportions. He's sitting now, and laughing hysterically, babbling a lot, blowing lots of raspberries, and chews on anything he can reach. I can already tell we will have our hands full with a mischievous little boy as his mobility continues to increase...
Today I switched out his 3-6 month clothes for the 6-9 month! For some reason, we have a lot in this size, but our supply backs off considerably after this group. So when he's ready for 12 month clothes we may have to actually buy some!
Events on the horizon:
Feb 18: Solomon turns 6 months! We start trying purees next weekend
March 18: 7 months, but also Match Day- we find out where we'll be living the next 3-4 years
June: moving to above location
July: hopefully a feeling of being settled for the first time since...ever, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment