So, in case anyone thought I might not be nesting, I'm here to protest.
I rearranged the nursery yesterday. It looks much cuter now. I'd post new pics, but included in the design are boo boo's initials, which are still top secret. So you'll have to wait. It all started innocently enough, wondering where I'd fit my newest Craigslist purchase of the Diaper Champ. This made me realize all the diapering stuff, including the changing table, really belonged in the bathroom. We're cloth diapering, so it just makes sense that we take off dirty diapers, rinse them, and store in the diaper champ to be washed all in one room. And that room is the bathroom.
That being said, this week I've also done all the mini last minute purchases of things we'll want on hand before the baby comes. Although we're doing cloth, we did want disposables on hand for the beginning, longer outings, etc. So purchases such as this were made.
Today I also embarked on one of the most organized and thought-out grocery trips of my life. Not only was I well equipped with coupons, but I shopped with the specific intent of buying lots of freezable or nonperishable items that will be easy to prepare and eat after the baby. Of course I didn't want this to mean a lot of microwave dinners, so I had to plan. We got a lot of canned and frozen fruits and veggies, quick just add sauce type meals, like tortellini, ravioli and periogis that can be frozen, stocked up on meats that we'll freeze, etc. It was fun. The sheer mass of food I bought then required me to thouroughly clean out our fridge, freezer and pantries of old or neglected foods. Additionally, I did my best 'Georgian preparing for a snowstorm' and bought semi-ridiculous quantities of toilet paper and paper towels. But I think mostly I was just relieved to be nearing the end of the cheap, dusty particle-producing everytime your rip it- toilet paper stash that Gerard last brought home.
Finally, I washed and line dried all of our new baby clothes, blankets, diapers, etc.
And now I'm going to take a nap.
6 comments:
So maybe I'm missing something, but what does a diaper champ do for you for cloth diapers?
It'll be an odor-reduced place to store dirty cloth diapers before we wash them.
Whatever works, man. But won't you have to take each individual diaper out of the plastic bags they've been sitting in? I've never seen/used a diaper champ/genie/etc, but I've heard they smush up the diapers in the bags like sausage links. Plus, if your guy poops/pees anywhere near as much as my guy, you'll be doing laundry every day (I was, at least), so the smell (which is minimal in the beginning) doesn't really have time to develop. AND, you'll probably have to do a pre-rinse of the pooped ones after the first month or two, and that's much easier the fresher the poop is. Poop!
Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about. I know there are other brands out there that require their own special inserts, but whether or not they make sausage links is beyond me. Mine is basically just a trash bin with a fancier top to put the diapers in. It doesn't do anything but collect a bunch of dirty diapers. And while we will likely wash the diapers every day or two, we still need a place to collect the dirty diapers during that day or two, and I'd rather collect them by themselves than throw them in with clothes in the hamper. And yes, we'll rinse the poopy diapers first. This is why the whole changing station moved to the bathroom. So the diaper can be taken off, rinsed, and thrown in the diaper champ all in one room.
Sounds like me! Jack was not happy when he came into the nursery one day in my last month of pregnancy and found that I had moved the crib and rocking chair. Good call on the easy-prep foods; they'll be a lifesaver! And I have a Diaper Champ, too. Friends have the Diaper Genie and it creates the "sausage links". I personally prefer the Champ because it is simpler and uses regular trash bags. In your case, it should work much better because it is basically a smell-reducing trash can.
i can't wait to hear how the cloth diapering goes. i'd like to do that too...one day...
Post a Comment