So, in baby news.. I'm 34 weeks. 6 weeks today is my due date. It's crazy to me, because I know of so many babies that were born 36-37 weeks. It's comforting, because as a professional I know there are virtually no long-term complications from having a baby even at 34 weeks, especially 36. But guys, 36 weeks is, like, 2 weeks away... That's really really soon! I think we are more or less prepared... I mean, we don't have our bag packed, car seat installed, anything like that. But mentally, I think we could do this any day now. The nursery is suited up enough to support a baby, although I'm constantly moving around furniture trying to get the set-up just right. I still want a rug for it, which is on the to-do list.
The other update is that we finally chose a hospital. We'll be going down to Redwood City. Everyone seems to think this is a horrible idea, because Redwood City is 23 miles away, and the SF hospital is 4 miles away. But let's think about this rationally. It is 23 miles, but 22.75 of these miles are highway. It's half an hour drive, versus a 20 min 4 mile drive through the middle of the city. I'm pretty sure I'll take an extra 10 minutes in a smooth ride going straight, than a drive that is constantly stopping and turning and speeding and slamming on the brakes and cars cutting us off and horns honking and bikers going crazy and everything else that comes along with city driving. So no, I'm not concerned about the drive. And I'm not concerned that I won't have more than 30 minutes warning before having this baby. And, if I don't, then Gerard will deliver his 14th baby between 101 and the bay, and it'll be a great story to tell.
1 comment:
love the positivity! keep the faith!
Post a Comment