Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Reality Check

So my fan base (Ahem- Ali), has been complaining about my sudden and dramatic decrease in posts. I'm building back up- I promise.

The past month or two have been weird for me. I've just had this overlaying sense of being worndown, somewhat sick, and just not 100% myself. I'm starting to climb back up towards normalhood, however, and am running more, getting my Vitamin D, etc. Nothing was really ever wrong, but yet, somehow things are looking up. I just feel like I'm working my way out of a slump. A semi-slump.

I think I always get a slump around this time. I used to blame it on the cold weather, but I really can't do that now. It's been gorgeous out here. I really have no good excuse for my semi-slump. But regardless I'm on my way out of it.

Along with this-- I can't think of an appropriate noun, awakening, revitalization... they all seem too dramatic-- I've decided I'm going to stop complaining about my job. To the public. Kristi, the only other person at work with any sense, and I will continue to be each other's venting partners, I wouldn't know how else to get through the day. But, really, 40,000 people got laid off on Monday. 40,000. Sure, the people I work with (and let's get real, the people I work for) aren't that bright sometimes, but come on. I have a job. I live in a really nice loft in one of the coolest cities in the world. Between Gerard and I, we have two cars, two dogs, and two savings accounts. And I'm complaining about what again? Stop being a stuck up bitch and just work, help the kids, and get paid in the process. 

That being said, I'm going down to LA for a conference on Thursday and I'm soooo excited about it. I am actually interested in the conference, I'm excited to catch up with friends that live down there, but mostly I'm just really looking forward to a brief change of pace for a couple days. I just really think it will be wonderful. I don't really know why I need this change of pace so badly since just last weekend I spent 4 days in Portland visiting my sister, but getting out of town again seems hugely important to me right now. Who knows.

No comments: