Sunday, December 14, 2008

There's No Place Like San Francisco

So, I'm running some errands in the Castro yesterday afternoon.  At first I was struck by a swarm of red clustering at Dolores Park. Upon closer inspection, I saw that they were actually a bunch of Santa Clauses. Later I saw them parading down the street, and saw the detailing in person. These were not thrown together red shirts with Santa hats. Who knew several hundred people in San Francisco had bonafide Santa costumes? There were fat Santas, slutty Santas, shirtless and pantless Santas, Santas taking shots, Santas smoking weed, and Santas whipping naughty reindeer. Suffice to say I've never seen anything like this.

Until, that is, I walked a few more blocks up and saw more than a dozen motorcyclists riding neatly in a double-file line. All wearing kilts. You know that age old question- what do guys wear under their kilts? I believe I forgot to mention they were straddling motorcycles. On a windy day. Thanks. 

1 comment:

emilyjbell said...

haha...wow. Was it a Santa pub crawl? Apparently there is one of those Atlanta, but I have never had the pleasure of witnissing it