About a year ago, I came up with the idea to write a children's book. There's a "shtick" to it that I'm not yet advertising, but rest assured I think it's a pretty good idea. Of course this initial idea was met with a long period of uncreativity (is this a word?), otherwise known as writer's block. I forced myself to write a couple drafts over the months, all of which sucked, interspersed with long hiatuses as this idea took a back burner to real life. Finally, I was randomly inspired to write a manuscript I am quite pleased with a couple weeks ago, which aside from the overall vision, does not resemble the originial transcriptions in the slightest. As of today, I've submitted exactly a dozen (ok, 13... I really felt I needed that one extra shot) query letters to potential agents. Now the waiting game ensues... with a whole lot of rejection letters awaiting me. Yay!!
I have a few other projects up my sleeves, but as a "writer" I know better than to give away too much too soon. But rest assured I'm up to something...
Completely unrelated to the above posting, but relevant to my life is the recent revelation that an acquaintance of mine was just robbed at gunpoint outside of her apartment at the witching hour of 8:30pm. Regardless of my secured parking garage, I've officially resigned myself to the confines of my apartment after dusk unless explicitly escorted by Gerard. Mr. Biggs has to poo? Tough shit.
2 comments:
I am so excited about this book project! I hope I will get to see it one day.
Last year, one of my friends was held up at gun point in a nice area of Atlanta. The really creepy thing is that he ran into my friend Christy right after it happened, as she was walking home alone. Scary stuff!
PS Just thinking about Biggs makes me laugh. I can hear Gerard yelling at him in my head right now.
I'm assuming the "he" that ran into Christy was he friend, not the gunman?? But scary either way...!
And I've just received my first two rejection letters :(
Post a Comment