It took me a solid four hours and two generous glasses of wine to recover from the headache of my day at work today. Do you know how frustrating it is to sit through hour-long meetings consisting mainly of two-person conversations- none of which included me? Is there no better option to facilitate communication between two colleagues than to appoint the rest of the staff as audience to ensure it is managed properly? At least it's been a couple weeks now since I've been told I look mean and serious during these meetings. Apparently now I look happier now that I spend my time during these meetings pretending to be working on something productive in my binder- but actually I'm working on my Spanish workbook brushing up on my skills. I'm every bit Bart Simpson, sticking his comic books inside a text book pretending to be studious. I suppose my motives might be slightly better, but they are indeed comics I am reading. This particular workbook uses the comic strip 'For Better of For Worse' in Spanish to teach practical, everyday expressions. It's pretty ingenious, actually. I'd much rather know how to say things like "the older she gets, the crazier she gets" than the ultra-useful conversations offered in my other workbook. The following is a word-word convo it teaches me. For real.
"Hi, I'm Juan. What's your name?"
"My name is Maria."
"Where are you from?"
"I'm from Seville, but I live in Barcelona."
"I live in Barcelona too!! But I'm from Madrid."
"Oh! What time is it?"
"Ten. What is your address?"
"I live on Ceval Street. Number 16."
"Can you spell your address?"
"C-e-v-a-l"
"What is your telephone number?"
"5-5-5-2-3-6-4."
"Thanks. Goodbye."
"Nice to meet you."
Barcelona girls are eeeasyyyyy....
No comments:
Post a Comment