He's huge into waving now. He tends to confuse two-handed waving with clapping, as they are pretty similar to his motor system, but generally he gets the idea that we wave to say hi or bye, or anytime we want eye contact and happiness. For instance, if I'm nursing him while reading email, he'll wave with his free hand until I look down on him. Then he'll do his half-smile and rest his hand down. It's pretty ridiculous. Another favorite time is when he's trying to get into trouble. He'll crawl over to something he knows he's not supposed to get into, and we'll semi-seriously say "Solomon...." he'll turn to us, wave and smile, and go back to what he was doing. Sneaky, but still adorable.
Another mom at my daycare is pregnant- and almost exactly as far along as I had thought I was before all this mess happened (btw, I go back in Wednesday to figure out why things haven't naturally "progressed"- for lack of better term, by now). Anyway, all the moms were whining about pregnancy when I had to be a butt and say I loved being pregnant. This got me some dagger eyes. One mom, half-jokingly said I should be a surrogate, and get paid $25,ooo for something I thought was so great. Did you know surrogates are paid so much money?? I did not. For a split second I was seriously thinking (ok, not seriously, but I was thinking) that getting a big ol belly back in addition to a sizable amount of money is a great deal! Not anytime soon, of course, but I have plenty of reproductive years left once my keeper kids are in school or something. Of course, by the time I've thought this far I realize that $25k could not cover the emotional toll it must take to have a baby come out of you, only to hand it over to someone else. I can't imagine doing that for a stranger. If, for some reason, say my sister needed a surrogate- no question I'd do it. A good friend? We could have a serious discussion about it. But a stranger? Wow- hard.
Ok, going to go tidy up before bedtime...
No comments:
Post a Comment