I assumed this would happen to Gerard first, but alas, it is me. When I come home in the evening I say hi, but if I go around the corner to, say, take off my coat and pump/backpack: tears. If I'm holding him and then decide I'd like to pass him to Gerard for a minute so I can change: tears. Two things I'm gratetul for in this scenario:
1. We live in a loft, so there are very few places I can hide that are actually out of his line of vision. So this helps.
2. While I've always been sad I leave 20-30 minutes before he wakes up, now I'm a little relieved that he doesn't have to get sad, and make me feel sad and guilty in the process...
It's Papa's birthday today!! To celebrate I'm dragging him to our neighborhood library's grand reopening! Yay!!
No comments:
Post a Comment